CLASS BOOK REVIEW
Author: Laurence Yep
Briefly, what was it about?
Set in the early 1900s, a boy named Moon Shadow never knew his father until he moves from China to join him in Chinatown, San Francisco. Moon Shadow and his father Windrider encounter many hurdles and challenges throughout the story as they try to set to the skies to fulfill Windrider's dream of flight. Thankfully they have many companions and allies to help them along their journey.
Tell why you LIKED or DIDN’T LIKE the book.
We liked this book for many reasons:
1. You learn a lot about Chinese culture and history throughout this story.
2. It is a captivating and adventurous story.
3. It is very emotional and will get you attached to the characters.
4. The characters have many admirable qualities.
5. It was a little slow at times, but in the end it was worth it.
What age group would like this book? 10 - 100! Even adults will enjoy this fascinating novel!
Would BOYS like this book? Yes
Would GIRLS like this book? Yes
This book would appeal to teens who like...
Adventure, Chinese culture, drama, non-fiction, historical fiction, dangerous situations, humor, sympathetic characters, dragons, and airplanes.
Your Name: Ms. G's 6th grade Language Arts class
Your age: 10-12