Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Article 5 by Kristen Simmons

[Cover]Title: Article 5
Author: Kristen Simmons
Briefly, what was it about?
In this dystopian novel Ember is taken away from her mother because of Article 5, which says no unmarried person can have a child. If that wasn’t bad enough the love of Ember’s life, Chase, was the one who took away her mother and got her landed into a reformatory. Now all Ember wants to do is be reunited with her mother, and she gets some unlikely help in her journey.

Did you like the book?
Yes, but I was slightly disappointed
Why? I liked the book, and it was a good dystopian, but it didn’t quite read my expectations that I had. I’ve read some truly spectacular dystopias and even though this one was good it didn’t quite measure up. However, I loved the relationships that occurred, I really liked the characters and unlike the overdone ‘teens fighting the system’ routine it was more of living with the system and resistance activity.
Who would like this book?
1.      Age group? 15 and older
2.      Gender? Both
3.      This book would appeal to teens who like…  relationships, dystopian, corrupt government/conspiracy theories
Your age: 17
Grade: 11
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment